Amant is an artistic and research platform based in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The campus is comprised of four buildings spread across two blocks. The main public entrance is located at 315 Maujer St. Embedded within the subtle utility of its materials, the architecture embodies the ethos of Amant: providing space for showing, broadcasting, and making art public, while offering another place for reflecting, meeting, and creating community.
Click on a location to see programs and details.
Tap a location to see programs and details.
315 Maujer is the location of Amant’s main public entrance, welcome desk and exhibition spaces, as well as the private offices for Amant staff.
It is open to the public from Thursday to Sunday.
Géza, located at 306 Maujer, is Amant’s lab oriented to art-making and collective discussion. Géza is dedicated to performance, sound, spoken word, and expanded approaches to the moving image. 306 Maujer also hosts an independent residency program with a library and artist studios.
Géza is open to the public every weekend for film screenings, and separately for live events and performances on specific dates.
Hours and Directions
Amant will open to the public in mid-June
Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
All programs are free and open to the public
315 Maujer St.
11206 Brooklyn, New York
Amant campus is easily accessible by bicycle, car, and public transport. Street parking is available.
Walk-ins are welcome. To ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, we will be limiting the number of people in our galleries. Bookings are optional.
All visitors will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing upon entry. We have also installed sanitizing stations and signage to help you navigate our space.
Please be assured that the health and safety of our staff and visitors remain our priority. To ensure a positive and safe experience and in keeping with guidelines outlined by the CDC and local authorities, we will adhere to the following protocols for staff and visitors:
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick.
- If you make a reservation, we ask you that you arrive within 10 minutes of your reservation time. You will be asked to present your ticket –digital or hard copy– to a member of staff at the reception desk.
- All visitors (age 2+) must wear face coverings at all times while inside of Amant. Additional masks are available at our reception desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available and visitors are encouraged to use it upon entry.
- All visitors must respect the 6-foot social distancing rule at all times when interacting with any of our staff and other visitors.
- There is a coat check at our from desk, however we have a limited capacity to store items for visitors.
- There are no food or drink options available at Amant at this time, we do however encourage you to make use of our outdoor seating areas.
- Restrooms remain open to Amant visitors.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit, and all those entering Amant Foundation do so at their own risk as to such exposure.
- Staff and visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior. Amant reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner.
We are committed to making Amant as welcoming as possible for all visitors. Entry at 315 Maujer St. is step-free and suitable for wheelchair users, as well as the galleries, the bookstore, and the restroom facilities.
All the on-site visitor and exhibition related materials are available in English and Spanish. Printed and digital copies can be found at the reception desk.
We offer descriptive audio guides, as well as large print materials, for all the exhibitions.
ASL interpretation for events at Amant is available on request. We require two weeks’ notice to confirm an interpreter.
For further information about accessibility at Amant, or for booking an interpreter, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.